Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ferras!

I totally forgot to post about a new artist I like last week. Oh well. :)


On Friday KISS106.1 had Ferras in studio. Evidently his song "Hollywood's Not America" is played when contestants are kicked off American Idol (this I would not know since I don't watch it). Anyway, he was a really cool, down-to-earth guy and when it came time to perform I was able to watch him via the Kiss Studio Cam.


In. Cred. I. Ble.


Seriously. Amazing range - sweet runs of ad libbing - excellant on the keyboard - loved it. Was very excited to get his cd which he said was being released in stores on April 1st. SO LONG. :)


Anyway, later I get an Outlook reminder for an artist performing for any Amazon people that want to go - it's Ferras! So I got to go check him out like 20 feet from me. SUPER fun. I even cheated and videotaped but Blogger doesn't like me right now.

He sang a few songs I hadn't heard when he was at Kiss, so that was fun - then we got to meet him and get autographs/pics! (Not sure why we look so pasty...)
So that was SUPER. Anyway, I got a message on Myspace yesterday saying his song was available to download from AmazonMP3 or iTunes - it's called Aliens and Rainbows.




So yeah...good times. Ferras! You'll like him.

Anything else while I'm here?

Umm...still sore from kickboxing on Monday. Went last night and did pretty well - felt I could have pushed harder though. I really like the gal that teaches on Wednesdays so even though I think I should skip tonight, I doubt I will.

Sing it with me - "It's the final countdown!!!!"


3 days until Lois Lowry (author of The Giver - my favorite book ever) is speaking in Seattle
5 days until St. Patty's Day - hopefully going to O'Finnigans Pub in Bothell/Everett
8 days until Winter Quarter Ends (finally!!)
13 days until I can talk to Jason again
16 days until I never wear contacts again (have a week of glasses before my surgery)
19 days until Spring Quarter Starts (yuck)
20 days until April Fools Day (my favorite Holiday! bwah ha ha)
23 days until my Lasik!!
25 days until Richest Loser ends (and I win) :)
36 days until I fly to California with the Fam.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I heard Ferras for the first time this morning on the radio...WOW, you are right! He not only has a good song...but is an amazingly good singer!