Wednesday, January 30, 2008

An Ode to Allstate (OR why I hate Progressive)

For the past 3.5 years, I've been with Progressive Car Insurance. I don't like them.

My car was hit in a mall parking lot in 2004 (I had only had my car 2 months and was shopping inside. Someone hit my car hard enough to move it in the stall then tried to take off. A witness saw it and called the police while FOLLOWING the car (!!!) until the police caught up with them.) and Progressive took like a week to come look at the damage, then said that because the officer didn't stop the van that hit me, they couldn't go after the driver to make them pay. (which is dumb. I don't care if it's the rules, they are dumb.)

In 2005-2006 I had a bad luck streak with tickets/one accident (which happen to occur right around the time I was acting my most immature/irresponsible. Coinsidence? Probably not) but my insurance never really went up until last May when it almost doubled. I knew I had been lucky so I didn't think that much about it until recently.

After turning 25 I called to see what the "milestone birthday" would do to my insurance. I was told my insurance would INCREASE $1 per month. WHAT?!?

That was it. I started thinking about who I wanted to switch to.

Now would be a good time to mention that I am a freak when it comes to how much I like Allstate commercials.

I tried to get a quote, but they actually want you to talk to people vs. doing everything online like other companies and I just didn't want to do that. THEN mi hermana told me that she has Allstate (who knew?) and that I should call her guy.

So I did.

He's saving me $75/month.

That's 2 tanks of gas. Or my cell phone bill. Or 2 weeks worth of food for lunch.

I'm in good hands. (ha!)

No comments: