Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Prime example

So, like I said before, I am feeling really sucky lately. My cold (or whatever this is) won't go away and as a matter of fact, I feel like I'm getting worse. 100.4 fever, no voice now, constant pain...yeah...this is the life. :-p But, I am posting this from work. "Why on earth are you there?" you may ask...and I'm starting to wonder the same thing.

This morning I was actually feeling guilty for missing work again for being sick - rationalizing it with the fact that I gave three weeks notice and then would be bailing on the last week. So I decided to try to suck it up and come in. And it just so happens today is my exit interview with HR (which they and I have both been looking forward to, but could be rescheduled) and it's Administrative Professionals day. I didn't expect my office to do anything for me since I'm leaving, but I did not expect what they did do.

They bought the temp flowers and did nothing for myself or the other assistant in the office. This is the same temp they were saying yesterday that they would not be hiring at the end of her contract. But they wanted to show her appreciation and not the two of us.

It's one thing to not do anything. It's another to slap someone in the face. Especially someone that just did you a favor by staying longer than necessary and coming in even while sick.

I'm furious. Again. With this office. And I'm leaving. Friday can't come soon enough.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow, I cannot believe they did that to you. Sounds like you made a good decision to leave. Hope you feel better soon.