Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Burn, Baby, Burn

So about that whole working out thing...hasn't worked so well this week. Why? I will tell you.
Monday I wasn't feeling so well - it's been really cold lately and everyone's getting sick and my voice was going bad from my throat hurting so much. Didn't think it'd be a good idea to do a cardio workout and breathe hard, so I did something else I've been wanting to do lately: Go tanning. (dun dun dun)

Everyone that knows me knows I am whiter than Casper (Casper's actually clear so that's not hard, but whatever). I usually go and tan for about 6 minutes the first 3 or 4 times to get a pink base so when spring/summer comes I don't fry while driving to work. (5 minutes of actual sun burns me. No joke. The tanning's been recommended to me by dermotalogists so don't lecture me). So I went to use some old tans I had from like 2 years ago and said I wanted to go for 7 minutes in the conventional bed. Seemed good but about minute 6 something didn't feel right, so I checked on my way out that I'd only been in for seven minutes since it seemed so long. The girl told me yeah, only seven minutes so it should be like 11-12 since they had just changed the bulbs. MINOR DETAIL, GOLDILOCKS!!

So for the past 2 days I have been in severe pain. My burns have bulb lines (no joke) and now they have blisters. It's painful. Especially to wear clothes. :) I'm about the color of this background. So I'm not working out.

All the more motivation for next week, right?

No comments: