Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Blessed

I am so blessed.

I have a family that cares about me and wants what's absolutely best for me. They have given and given of their time and finances to help me become who I want to be. They are amazing.

I have a boyfriend who is incredible. He cares about me and understands when I just want to spend a little time with him, even if it means driving over an hour round-trip to do so. He loves me for who I am and challenges me to be better than that and to persue my dreams.

I have friends that can spend time with me just hanging out or trying to better ourselves. I have crafty friends, smart friends, fitness friends, "memory" friends (you know, the kind you can just sit and remember stuff with), and friends that inspire me - and quite a few that fall into multiple categories.

And I have me - probably best summed up in "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I've become who I was intended to be." I am far from perfect but I push myself and do everything possible to be able to look myself in the mirror and respect the person I am.

I've been thinking lately about the people that I struggle with the most, and bottom line is that it comes down to the support you can give yourself and the support others give you. Some of the most unpleasant and unhappy people I have dealt with really seem lonely when it all boils down. I can't help but realize how lucky I am and how blessed I am for the life I've lived (mistakes and all) and the people I've encountered. To those people - thank you from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Beautiful post, Becky.